Spread the Love ~ February is Love month!
Let’s Celebrate the ‘HEART’
February brings celebrations – St. Valentine’s Day, birthdays of Presidents and a long weekend when the kids enjoy a break from school, and a “heart-healthy” month. While Valentines Day is a day to remember romance and love for others, it is also a day to honor and love yourself. Your metaphorical heart feels and expresses love; your physical heart pumps a life-sustaining blood supply throughout your body. Care for your heart well, and care for the hearts of others. So, how can we continue the celebration of the heart and demonstrate that loving feeling throughout the year?
Let’s begin with FOOD! Food is sustenance, food is comforting, and when we prepare food with love in the ‘giving’ as it is prepared for our families and friends, it nourishes both body and soul. It makes us happy as we plan and prepare for a celebration around the table with those that we love and care for – an instant connection! Good food fills us and satisfies. When we share in a meal with loved ones, those connections also fill us and satisfy. So why not spend more time in the kitchen? Properly nourish yourself and you will nourish others in your caring. Spread the love…!
- Shop and Eat consciously with awareness of your food choices – read labels!
- Purchase organic ingredients as often as possible
- As you care for ‘hearts’, make it homemade – make it healthy, and carve out the time in your schedule to prepare
- Make it simple for everyday
- When you take the time to cook, double up and freeze portions for a later date
- Prepare a meal for someone in your community that is ill or alone ~ warm their heart…
- Catch the sales and keep our food banks supplied for the hungry and unemployed
- Extend an invitation to your family table…connect…celebrate…and share in a moment!